Thursday, May 13, 2010

Disney World of Movies

This place is, quite literally, the DIsney World of movies. I do the Disney World walk (you know, the haul ass hustle) from place to place, practically running past your fellow walkers to get to where you need to be. And to be first.

Today, I saw five and a half movies. the half was a walk-out and I don't even remember the title. By far, the best was "The Perfect Host," with David Hyde Pierce and this really attractive, dark-haired criminal who's names escapes me. Google the trailer. Now. I don't want to give too much away, but it is the ultimate twisted Cat vs Cat (no mouse) game. You know how you feel after watching "The Usual Suspects"? All chilled and amazed that somehow had enough talent to create such a piece? yeah, it's like that, but 10 times more so. Like I said, see it.

The second best flick today was "Bon Apetite!" which was a rom/com that was almost really predictable but had an ending that was actually really realistic. An easy watch, but entertaining.

Aside from movies, I had my own adventures about the city today. I spent the day mostly alone, trying to learn how to get from place to place and read the train schedule. And I did it. Look at that. I'm an adult able to do things on my own. What a nice feeling.

The other feeling I am having? Tired. In that great exhausted way where you know that means you were so busy that day. My legs are numb from the knees down. And the circuits in my brain are fried from seeing so many films. And my stomach growls constantly. This must be what it's like to be up the spout, needing to eat all the time. It's crazy-- and expensive. I went to the grocery store and try to pack in my own food so I can save some Euros, but that only works kinda well, because I eat all my food by like 3pm, and still have some 7 hours ahead of me. The food here is so good, too, which doesn't help this problem.

When you walk off the train into cannes every morning, it smells first like a sea of great French perfume, followed by a massive wave of freshly baked bread. Lovely.

Tomorrow, I am getting into Cannes by 9am to see "The Illusionist," which is by the same director who did "The Triplets of Bellville," which is a great animated films. (Pencil animation, but the Pixar kind.) I can't await to see it. I had this same thing yesterday, when I thought I should go to bed on the early side to get up early. So I tucked myself into the tiny top bunk by 12:30pm, only to lay awake, too excited to sleep, until 3:30am. I hope this isn't a continuing problem.

What's not a problem? The wine here. A rather nice bottle is like # Euro, translated to about $6. And better- there are no open container laws. I've seen lots of folks drinking fmor wine bottles like it was a water bottle. One person today was even doing it to a cop, drinking and chatting with the cop. No boggy here. The cop's here are also rather cool.

I was interviewed again today by a European Internet news channel while I begged for premier tickets to "On Tour" (It was another no-go, but whatever. I figure if I try everyday, I'll eventually get one.) I couldn't understand what she was saying as far as what channel, but she asked my about my dress (she likes it!) and why I was there. I plan to beg for premier invites daily, just to see what I can get.

Oh, I am fried, my friends. Time to shut down the laptop, and slow down my brain. That Disney World walk takes it toll.

And yes-- I will post pictures eventually. So far, my best shots are of massive crowds, but I'll work on getting more creative in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment