Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Never Trust a French ATM

A key piece of advice for any and all who plan to travel to France: Never trust a French ATM. I learned this the hard way. Long story short, the one at the Nice airport ate my debit card and refuses to release it. Meaning, good-bye to that card forever. I now have to rely on only my credit card and the Euros we are given weekly in the program.

This new development, accompanied by the awful flight over wherein I was stuck at the Madrid airport thanks to a canceled flight, as well as the mean bus women who wouldn't sell me a ticket until i had a breakdown, then the mile-long walk in the rain carrying my luggage to the residence, has put a seriously bad taste in my mouth for being here. The bright side? It can only get better.

I think, starting tomorrow, things will do just that. We are heading into Cannes for the first time to pick up our badges, tour the city and otherwise become acquainted with the festival and happenings.

Juan Les Pins itself is showing itself to be a nice little seaside village. It has the same flavor as St. Simons, which helps to put me at ease a bit. Comforting.

Which as you may have inferred from the above words, is something I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment